Tucson Rental Resources
Leasing Partners – Tucson
By Design Realty
800 N. Swan Rd., Suite 111
Tucson, AZ 85711
Jason Helfrich, Designated Broker / (520) 222-RENT
C, D, PH, TH, SFR — UF
Throughout greater Tucson, including Oro Valley, Sahuarita, Green Valley and Vail
2484 E. River Rd.
A, C, PH, SFR, ST, TH — F, UF
Throughout greater Tucson area
Nordstrom Group, Inc.
2200 E. River Rd. #103
Debra Nordstrom, Owner
Javier Guerra (fully-furnished & unfurnished rentals)
C, SFR, ST, TH — F, UF
Throughout greater Tucson area, Marana, Oro Valley
Summit Residential Services
4400 E. Broadway Blvd., Suite 516
Megan Titche / (520) 618-3773
SFR, TH — UF
Throughout greater Tucson area, Sahuarita, Vail
Tucson Realty & Trust Management Services
2525 E. Broadway, Suite 111
Deborah Garcia, President & CFO
A, C, D, PH, SFR, TH — UF
Throughout greater Tucson area
Tucson Rental Homes
4647 N. Campbell Ave.
Sally Kamper / (520) 299-4466 x-7114
A, TH, SFR — UF
Northeast, Northwest, University Area
The Servoss Group
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
1745 E. River Rd. #245
Nikki Servoss, Owner / (520) 395-7202
C, SFR, ST, F, UF
East, Northeast, North, Northwest, Central, Oro Valley
FOR YOUR APARTMENT SEARCH
While Above & Beyond Relocation Services does not directly partner with all of these apartment management companies, each has been recommended by professionals in the field.
- HSL Properties
- MC Companies
- MEB Management Services
- Scotia Group Management
SEARCHING FOR A HOUSE, TOWNHOUSE OR CONDO:
Multiple Listing Service of Southern Arizona (MLSAZ) Rental Property Search: www.mlssaz.com/
Rent first. Buy next.
If you plan to rent for two years or less and then purchase a home, we recommend a match with an experienced real estate professional from our team for a real estate area tour and continuous education of our housing market. Please contact Laurie Becker to be matched with a real estate professional in the Tucson area.
If you’re not quite sure, you may find the below articles of interest:
- Arizona, national home prices increasing due to low supply
- Tight market will likely lead to rising rents across Tucson
What should I do? As I begin my proactive rental search…
ABRS Relocation Counselors are not licensed leasing agents, therefore we strongly recommend you reach out to the experienced and knowledgeable rental experts at the top of this page. In addition, they shared these tips for you to keep in mind in your proactive rental search:
- In Arizona, there is no one, central inventory and no one person to show rental properties. Frequently visit the websites at the top of this page as well as the Multiple Listing Service of Southern Arizona (MLSSAZ).
- One needs to be proactive and self-directed, scheduling appointments directly with the property managers and leasing agents for each. You do not need a real estate professional to rent in Arizona. Describe your leasing parameters as specifically as you can, allowing for some flexibility.
- Leasing agents typically only have time to show properties to those ready to rent now. A rental listed while on your first visit to our city may not be available once you are ready to lease, so plan to choose your rental about four to six weeks before needed.
- Peak seasons:
- Furnished rental occupancy occurs November through April, with January through March especially busy. Rental rates can reflect the demand for properties during this time. Off-season rates typically begin in April or May and extend through November or December.
- Unfurnished rental occupancy occurs April through July, with very limited rent rate differential. This is when the largest inventory of rentals is available and might be considered when planning a move here.
- It is strongly recommended that one visit a property in person before signing a lease agreement.
- Please consider the locations of schools of interest in relationship to where you may rent. While Open Enrollment allows one to attend a school outside one’s neighborhood school’s boundaries, be aware of deadlines to apply. School start times vary, so check school calendars.
- Each apartment community, property manager and landlord have requirements for leasing. Please expect the following:
- Credit check.
- Verifiable income. Landlords often expect monthly income to be 2½ to 3 times monthly rent.
- Application fee. This could be anywhere from $35-$100.
- Security deposit. These can range from $150 to one month’s rent, required upon move-in with the first (and sometimes last) month’s rent. Deposits for apartment communities and houses vary greatly.
- Cleaning & Administrative Fees are usually non-refundable and range from $150 to $500.
- Pets. It is most likely that you will have to pay a Pet Fee ($150-$500) and Pet Deposit ($150-$500), per pet. Monthly pet rent can range from $15 to $40 per month. Ask at the property about any restrictions on certain dog breeds. There may be a limit on the number or size of pets allowed.