Phoenix Rental Resources
Leasing Partners – Phoenix
Bennett Property Management
101 E. 1st Ave. #105
Anne McCawley & Frank Bennett, Owners / (480) 969-1818
A, C, SFR, TH – UF
Maricopa & Pinal counties
Management Masters, Inc.
3370 N. Hayden Rd. #123-307
Donna H. Brandsey / (602) 359-4800 cell / (480) 990-1833 office
PH, TH, SFR – UF
North/Northeast Phoenix, limited Tempe, Scottsdale
5930 W. Greenway Rd.
Jerry Maliva / (602) 424-4400
A, C, SFH, TH – UF
Glendale, Peoria, Anthem, Surprise, Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Sun City, Laveen, El Mirage, Scottsdale, and Phoenix
FOR YOUR APARTMENT SEARCH
While Above & Beyond Relocation Services does not directly partner with all of these apartment management companies, each has been recommended by professionals in the field.
- Alliance Residential
- HSL Properties
- Mark-Taylor Communities
- MC Companies
- MEB Management Services
- Renting Arizona
Jerry Maliva / (602) 424-4400
Glendale, Peoria, Anthem, Surprise, Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Sun City, Laveen, El Mirage, Scottsdale, Phoenix
SEARCHING FOR A HOUSE, TOWNHOUSE OR CONDO:
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Rental Property Search:www.phoenixmlsrentals.com
Phoenix Rental Assistance
Rent first. Buy next.
If you plan to rent for two years or less and then purchase a home, we recommend a match with an experienced real estate professional from our team for a real estate area tour and continuous education of our housing market. Please contact Laurie Becker to be matched with a real estate professional in the Phoenix area.
If you’re not quite sure, you may find the following article of interest:
What should I do? As I begin my proactive rental search…
ABRS Relocation Counselors are not licensed leasing agents, therefore we strongly recommend you reach out to the experienced and knowledgeable rental experts at the top of this page. In addition they shared these tips for you to keep in mind in your proactive rental search:
- In Arizona, there is no one, central inventory and no one person to show rental properties. Frequently visit the websites at the top of this page as well as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- One needs to be proactive and self-directed, scheduling appointments directly with the property managers and leasing agents for each. You do not need a real estate professional to rent in Arizona. Describe your leasing parameters as specifically as you can, allowing for some flexibility.
- Leasing agents typically only have time to show properties to those ready to rent now. A rental listed while on your first visit to our city may not be available once you are ready to lease, so plan to choose your rental about four to six weeks before needed.
- Peak seasons:
- Furnished rental occupancy occurs November through April, with January through March especially busy. Rental rates can reflect the demand for properties during this time. Off-season rates typically begin in April or May and extend through November or December.
- Unfurnished rental occupancy occurs April through July, with very limited rent rate differential. This is when the largest inventory of rentals is available and might be considered when planning a move here. This is when the largest inventory of available rentals is available, and might be considered when planning a move to Tucson).
- The large majority rent in person. Renting sight unseen is never recommended.
- Please consider the locations of schools of interest in relationship to where you may rent. While Open Enrollment allows one to attend a school outside one’s neighborhood school’s boundaries, be aware of deadlines to apply. School start times vary, so check school calendars.
- Each apartment community, property manager and landlord have requirements for leasing. Please expect the following:
- Credit check.
- Verifiable income. Landlords often expect monthly income to be 2½ to 3 times monthly rent.
- Application fee. This could be anywhere from $35-$100.
- Security deposit. These can range from $150 to one month’s rent, required upon move-in with the first (and sometimes last) month’s rent. Deposits for apartment communities and houses vary greatly.
- Cleaning & Administrative Fees are usually non-refundable and range from $150 to $500.
- Pets. It is most likely that you will have to pay a Pet Fee ($150-$500) and Pet Deposit ($150-$500), per pet. Monthly pet rent can range from $15 to $40 per month. Ask at the property about any restrictions on certain dog breeds. There may be a limit on the number or size of pets allowed.